The holidays take a lot out of us (physically and financially), but that doesn’t mean that we should forego Date Night all together, right? I say absolutely not! Try one or all seven of these budget friendly Date Night Ideas:
1. Go bowling: It’s fun (even if you need to use the bumpers) and it doesn’t cost nearly as much as going out for dinner and drinks. Heck, you could bowl 3 or more games for the price it costs you to eat out.
2. Prepare a romantic dinner (at home): Head to your local grocery store and pick up all the necessities for your home cooked meal. DivineDinnerParty.com has a collection of romantic dinner recipes that will surely sweep you both off your feet! You can light some candles, open a bottle of wine and listen to your favorite love songs while enjoying each other’s company.
3. Dance the night away: Set up your iPod to play your favorite guilty pleasure songs or dust off your CD’s and you could sing and dance in your family room. It sure beats paying a cover charge to enter the club and then for drinks too!
4. Rent a movie: They are so cheap ($1.00) to rent using RedBox (typically located at grocery stores and gas stations). You can choose your movie and snuggle up on the couch and enjoy it together.
5. Bath Time: Who needs a hot tub when you can fill the bath tub with hot water and bubbles?! Light some candles and you’ll have yourselves a relaxing, romantic evening for two!
6. Watch the sunrise or sunset: When was the last time you did something with your spouse without distractions? It’s so beautiful to watch the sun come up or go down. Just sit there (enjoy each others’ company) and stare as the beautiful colors appear in the sky (and it’s FREE)! Click here to find out what time the sun will rise/set in your area: calendar-updates.com.
7. Looking for some slight physical activity and entertainment: Head to your local driving range or try mini golf (it’s always a good time)!
Do you have anything to add to this list? What budget-friendly Date Nights have you and your spouse enjoyed?