A Tailored List of Reasons to Change Your Name After Marriage
- Changing your last name after marriage is still a socially acceptable thing to do, and people will automatically start addressing you as Mrs. Green regardless of whether you have decided to legally change your name or not.
- If you plan on having or do have children it is easier to share a last name as parents then to continuously explain to teachers, doctors, playmates, and other parents that you are indeed married and the mother and father of your child.
- His name may be easier to pronounce than yours, or it just sounds nicer with your first name.
- Some women feel that changing their last name joins them to their husband and makes them a family.
- Booking travel plans, making dinner reservations, and monogramming will be much less complicated if you share a last name with your husband.