Brides–Planning your Wedding, Have You Thought of This???

You would think that in 2009, changing your name after marriage would be easier, but to most people it is an overwhelming process that can cause unnecessary stress! This is why it is important to know your resources! We at have happily assisted in making brides-to-be and newlyweds a little less stressed and worry-free with our easy online nationwide name-change service! Here are some details for you below…

One of our prominent findings has been to recognize your options before it is time to change your name.  Will you hyphenate, take your spouse’s last name, replace your middle name with your maiden name, or simply keep your maiden name?  You should spend time prior to the wedding discussing these options with your fiancé to ensure that you come to a conclusion that makes both of you happy.  Whatever decision you make, you should be sure to book your travel plans for the honeymoon under your maiden name because you  most likely will not have enough time to change your name on your social security card, driver’s license, and passport before you depart!

Regardless of what state you reside in, you will benefit from requesting additional certified copies of your marriage certificate after your wedding, to use during the name-change process.  Several state and U.S. government agencies require a certified copy of your marriage certificate as legal proof of your marriage before they will proceed with your name change.

Now, you are ready to begin the name-change process!  There is a certain procedure required when submitting your State and U.S. Government name-change forms, luckily we have already taken the research out of the picture for you. We will also offer you our inside details and recommendations coming straight from the U.S. Government office personnel themselves!

Once you have changed all of your state and U.S. government documents, it is equally important to notify creditors of your name change.  You may elect to make phone calls to each office or write a letter stating your previous name, new name, and that you are changing your name due to marriage.  Some offices will require you to fill-out a name change request form or letter (along with a certified copy of your marriage certificate) before they will process your name change.

After planning a wedding the last thing you want to do is stress out about a name change!  This is why we, at offer you an online account for a one-stop-shop to provide you with a simplified transition, from Miss…to…Mrs.!  Come visit us at: and register for your account today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

About Us

Advice dispensed with class and a little sass. Everything from how to cope with post-wedding blues to the best ways to entertain and enjoy life as a MRS.!