About Changing Your Name

Changing your name is a very personal decision and a complicated process, which tends to raise a large number of questions. We’re here to help. Before you begin your name change process, it may help for you to read through our most frequently asked questions below. We also have several name change articles posted on our blog to help you. If you still have questions feel free to contact us at support@missnowmrs.com or 800.301.9296.

Will this service work in my state?

Yes it will, and your account will be customized to include your specific state Driver’s License and Voter Registration forms.

What are the system requirements?

To use MissNowMrs.com’s name change service you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher. To install or upgrade your current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader please click here for a free version. This software allows you to save your auto-completed name change forms and print them. If you have any questions related to downloading Adobe Reader please call us at 1-800-301-9296.

How much time will MissNowMrs.com save me vs. changing my name on my own?

We save each customer an average of 13 hours of form research, completion and filing mishaps! We have spent years researching the forms and inside filing tips for each U.S. Government and State agency. You are welcome to change your name on your own…or use our service and expertise to save HOURS of time and frustration!

Is my personal information safe?

Incredibly safe. Using your unique email and password, only you can access your information, which is stored in encrypted format. We also use Secure Socket Layer technology to encrypt your data prior to it passing from your browser to our web server. MissNowMrs.com has passed rigorous security testing and continues to be monitored daily for your safety. Should you still not want to provide certain personal information you always have the option to skip questions and hand-write certain information on your forms.

What documents do I need to answer the MissNowMrs questions?

None are required, but it is helpful to have your state driver’s license, U.S. passport and vehicle title/registration in front of you to answer all of our questions. Feel free to compile these before you start, or simply go back and add in answers when you have them.

Do I have to complete all of my forms at once?

You have six months of unlimited access to your MissNowMrs.com account, so you can complete your name change forms at your own pace. When you want to access your account click on our Login link and then enter your email/password to pick up where you left off.

What if I don’t need all of the forms you provide?

You are welcome to click the Skip button to move past questions and forms that do not pertain to your particular situation.

How will I know when my name has been changed?

After you have printed, signed and filed your forms you will begin to receive your new identification documents in the mail. Your name is officially and legally changed when you receive your new Social Security card, Driver’s License, and U.S. Passport with your new last name printed on them. Congratulations!

Will I need certified copies of my marriage certificate?

Many name change forms require a certified marriage certificate to be included as proof of name change when they are filed. We suggest requesting 2-3 certified copies of your marriage certificate so you can file multiple forms at the same time.

What if I'm changing my name and moving? Will your service help with both of these?

We sure will! Our service includes form to notify the IRS and United States Postal Service of your name change, these forms can also be used to simultaneously inform them of your new address.

Do I need to fill out name change forms if I am hyphenating my last name?

Yes. Name change forms need to be filed to notify the U.S. government and your state of hyphenation or any change of last or middle names based on marriage.

What if I have questions or need help during the process?

Please call or email us anytime with your questions or comments. You are also welcome to use our live-chat feature to directly correspond with a customer service representative. We feel that one of our best attributes is our customer service people and their name change knowledge. We look forward to helping you! Our contact information is 800.301.9296 or support@missnowmrs.com

Can I purchase this service for a friend?

Yes. MissNowMrs.com gift cards make fabulous wedding, bachelorette or bridal shower gifts! Please see our Gift Card tab for more information on how to save the bride in your life hours of hassle on her name change.

I’m part of a non-traditional married couple. Can I use your service?

As long as you have a certified marriage certificate, MissNowMrs is happy to assist you with your federal name change forms.  We can assist with state-level forms as long as the state you reside in recognizes your union.  For more state-level information, please use this online resource.

What if MissNowMrs.com doesn’t work for me?

If you are not fully satisfied with your MissNowMrs.com experience we will completely refund you within 60 days of your purchase. We only want happy customers! You can call 800.301.9296 or email us at support@missnowmrs.com to request a refund.

What is the difference between married name change and legal name change?

The married name-change process involves filing a series of state and U.S. government name-change forms using your certified marriage certificate as your legal proof of marriage. If you’re not getting married, but want to change your name you will need to petition the U.S. court system for a name- change order. We recommend using LegalZoom.com to obtain your name-change court order to begin your name-change process.

Can I use your service before my wedding?

You are welcome to use our service to complete your forms/letters before your marriage, but you will need to wait to file them until after you are married and have receive your certified marriage certificate in the mail. Kudos to you for being so organized!