Curious how to change your name post-wedding? The MissNowMrs name change experts are continuing their list of newlywed to-do’s.
- Update your U.S. Passport. You will need to fill out an application for a name change on your passport and have new photos taken. The fee will depend on how long you have had your current passport.
- Notify the Post Office. If you have moved due to your recent marriage make sure to notify the United States Postal Office of your new residence by filling out a brief form.
- Name Change the Easy Way. Use MissNowMrs.com to complete all of your state and U.S. government forms in three easy steps: Questions, Forms, File.
- Change your personal paperwork. This includes notifying your bank, credit cards, utilities, title and registration of your vehicle(s), all types of insurance (health, life, auto, home, ect.), professional certifications, voter registration, memberships, ect.
- Start using your new name. Introduce yourself with your new name, change your name on your voice mail and answering machine, sign your new name on emails or letters, and consider buying yourself something with your new initials on it: jewelry, stationary, or clothing are great examples.