How do Certified Marriage Certificates relate to name change?

Many state and U.S. government offices require a certified marriage certificate to be provided as proof of marriage before they will legally change a person’s name.  Examples of the offices needing certified marriage certificates include: all state DMVs, the Social Security Administration, and the State Department (to issue a name change on a U.S. passport).  In addition to government offices many banks and creditors must be sent a certified marriage certificate to allow their customers to change their names on accounts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

About Us

Advice dispensed with class and a little sass. Everything from how to cope with post-wedding blues to the best ways to entertain and enjoy life as a MRS.!