Curious about reasons not to change your name after marriage? The MissNowMrs experts have compiled a list of the top reasons to keep your maiden name. We recognize that not every newlywed should change their name. We simply help the ones who want to!
- You may have established yourself in a career and depend on name recognition for your business and reputation.
- You may not believe in the politics of women changing their last names after marriage since men don’t have the same expectation.
- Your identity may be closely tied to your name and you don’t want to lose your sense of self.
- You may be the last person to carry on your family name and want to make sure it lives on.
- Your husband’s last name may be difficult to pronounce or create an annoying joke when combined with your first name (ex: Mrs. Mary Christmas).
Want some ideas about your name change options that you may not have thought of? Play the Married Name Game to see you options.