1. All diamonds are at least 990,000,000 years old. Many are 3,200,000,000 years old!
2. The largest engagement ring in history was given to Elizabeth Taylor by Michael Todd. Her amazing emerald-cut diamond ring weighed in at almost 30 carats.
3. The Victoria’s Secret’s Black Diamond Bra was set with 3,575 black diamonds, 117 round cut 1-carat diamonds and 2 black diamond drops. Talk about some serious bosom bling!
4. If you put a diamond on your tongue, your tongue will begin to cool because the diamond is the best conductor of heat (basically the diamond transfers the heat from your tongue into the air).
5. The first well-documented use of a diamond ring to signify engagement was by the Archduke Maximilian of Austria in 1477, upon his betrothal to Mary of Burgandy.
While you might not be holding your breath for a 30 carat ring or diamond brassier, you can still enter to win a free $250 jewelry rental from our friends at ADORN. Leave a comment on this, or any of our jewelry posts on Mondays this month and you’ll be automatically entered to win our Stylish September Giveaway!
Share your big day dreams with us and how ADORN jewelry will complete your look. The randomly selected contest winner will be announced on September 30th!! If we don’t hear back from the winner within 2 weeks, we will randomly select a new winner to make sure someone ends up with this glamorous goodie!