Top 5 Honeymoon Travel Tips For Brides

In the passport of life, marriage and name change are two very big stamps! On your actual passport, you’ll get a stamp for your honeymoon (should you travel outside the U.S.) but the name on that passport can cause problems if you aren’t prepared.  Read on for our Top 5 Honeymoon Travel Tips for Brides:

1. Maiden Voyage - Book your honeymoon travel and reservations in your maiden name.  It will take 2 weeks for your marriage certificate to be issued and you’ll need that to file for your new driver’s license and U.S. Passport (which takes 5-6 weeks to be sent to you).

2. Invest in Insurance – Worried you or your spouse will make a name mistake somewhere along the way?  Invest in travel insurance to protect yourself from potential change fees or being required to re-purchase your ticket (TSA is no joke when it comes to name change).

3. Destination Wedding Do’s - Make sure that the Social Security Administration will accept your marriage certificate.  A quick call to 800.772.1213 will give you the scoop on whether you’ll need to translate and/or authenticate your marriage license before it is legal in the U.S.

4. Stock Up - Request 2-3 additional certified marriage certificates while you’re at your destination.  They’ll help streamline the name change filing process when you get home and save you the nightmare of long distance logistics around obtaining additional copies once you’re home

5. Save Time - Change your name with MissNowMrs, our easy online name change service will help you go from Miss to Mrs. in a matter of minutes!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

About Us

Advice dispensed with class and a little sass. Everything from how to cope with post-wedding blues to the best ways to entertain and enjoy life as a MRS.!