In the passport of life, marriage and name change are two very big stamps! On your actual passport, you’ll get a stamp for your honeymoon (should you travel outside the U.S.) But, the name on that passport can cause problems if you aren’t prepared. Read on for our Top 5 Honeymoon Travel Tips for Brides.
1. Maiden Voyage – Book your honeymoon travel and reservations in your maiden name. It will take 2 weeks for your marriage certificate to be issued. And, you’ll need that to file for your new driver’s license and U.S. Passport. It will take the State Department 5-6 weeks to send out your new passport.
2. Invest in Insurance – Worried you or your spouse will make a name mistake somewhere along the way? Invest in travel insurance to protect yourself from potential change fees or being required to re-purchase your ticket. TSA is no joke when it comes to name change.
3. Destination Wedding Do’s – Make sure that the Social Security Administration will accept your marriage certificate. Call 800.772.1213 to get the scoop on whether you’ll need to translate and/or authenticate your marriage license before it is legal in the U.S.
4. Stock Up – Request 2-3 additional certified marriage certificates while you’re at your destination. They’ll help streamline the name change filing process when you get home. And, save you the nightmare of long distance logistics around obtaining additional copies once you’re home
5. Save Time – Change your name with MissNowMrs. Our app or easy online name change service will help you go from Miss to Mrs. in a matter of minutes!
Now that you know our honeymoon travel tips for brides, you can stop worrying. The entire MissNowMrs team wishes you bon voyage. You can can look forward to a lifetime of love, happiness, and a marriage that grows stronger with every passing year.