Are you spending your first Easter as a married couple with your in-laws this year? If so, you might be a little worried about how things will turn out. One way to start the holiday off on the right foot is with a hostess gift for your mother-in-law. It shows that you appreciate her hospitality and that you have excellent manners (never a bad thing). Here are a few gift ideas to help you position yourself in the best way possible with your new family members:
1. Easter Colored Chocolate Strawberries – You can make them yourself with this simple recipe or order them from Shari’s Berries. Everyone loves holiday candy, and chocolate covered strawberries elevate Easter treats to a new level!
2. Robin’s Egg Soaps – Help your mother-in-law celebrate spring with this adorable soap collection. It’s a simple, sweet and practical hostess gift, all at the same time.
3. Seasonal Shakers – If you’re completely stumped on what to bring, consider these pewter rabbit salt & pepper shakers. They’ll add a bit of holiday charm to your family Easter brunch or dinner.
4. Upscale Eggs – Indulge your spouse’s family with chocolate truffle filled eggs! No need to wrap, the container is perfect on its own.
5. Flower Power – Give a sure-fire Spring gift, a lily of the valley bulb garden. The site and scent will fill the house with Spring and Easter cheer.
Hostess gifts aren’t just reserved for non-family members…so consider taking something to your mom if you’re headed to your family’s house for Easter this year. Every hostess deserves a little thank you goodie.
Do you have Easter plans with your in-laws this year? We’d love to hear from you in a comment…